I recently become addicted to Lara bars and while doing some searching online realized that there is basically one main ingredient (dates) and then you can add whatever you want to create your own flavors. There are a bunch of different recipes online (if you want some inspiration for flavors) but this is one I just threw together last night. The possibilities are endless!
Peanut Butter and Banana Lara Bars
(makes 4 bars)
1 box (8 oz) of Chopped Dates
1/2 Bag (3oz) Banana Chips
2.5 Tbsp Peanut Butter (Creamy)
Pinch of Salt
1. Grind up the banana chips in a food processor (or Magic Bullet, blender, etc)
2. Add dates and pulse until the chunks start to break down
3. Add peanut butter, a pinch of salt and process until everything is mixed together and sort of forms a dough type consistency.
4. Lay a piece of saran wrap on the counter. Form the dough into a ball and place it on one half of the saran wrap. Cover and press until it creates a rectangle.
5. Fully wrap and place in the refrigerator over night. In the morning, cut the rectangle into four pieces.
(Note: In the picture, the banana chips aren't ground up. I came up with the idea to grind them first because originally, I had added them to the mixture, last, and had difficulties getting the pieces small enough.)