This is one of those desserts that you can make for vegans and non-vegans alike. It's decadent, super simple to make and no one would even be able to tell that it was made with tofu
Chocolate Cream Pie
1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp Corn Starch
1 Package Silken Tofu (I used Nasoya Lite Silken Tofu)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust (I used Keebler, reduced fat)
1. Drain tofu and place in food processor with cocoa powder, corn starch, sugar and vanilla.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (or a double boiler if you have one) and then add to food processor.
3. Mix (pulse) together until mixture is creamy and smooth. It should be like the consistency of pudding.
4. Pour filling into graham cracker crust and place in the refrigerator to chill and set for a few hours.
If you'd like to top the pie with a non-dairy whipped cream, follow this recipe:
1/4 cup Soy milk
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1. Pour soy milk into a blender (or magic bullet - flat blade) and then add the sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Start to blend but then slowly add oil through the top hole. The soy milk will thicken to a whipped cream like consistency.
If it doesn't, try adding a little extra oil or a bit of corn starch.