Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Homemade Cashew Milk

I've been on a "do it yourself" kick lately, so after experimenting with homemade oat milk, I decided to look up a recipe for homemade cashew milk (since I had some left over from the Avocado Pesto Pasta.)

Surprisingly, it was really simple and required no straining - like some other nut milks do.

Cashew Milk
1 cup (raw) cashews, soaked overnight
3 cups water
2 tablespoon agave nectar (or more, to taste)
A pinch of Celtic sea salt

1. Discard soaking water and rinse cashews thoroughly until water runs clear
2. Place cashews, (4 cups fresh) water, agave and salt in a Vita-Mix (or other high speed blender)
3. Process on high speed 20-30 seconds and then repeat until fully blended
4. Store in glass mason jar in refrigerator

Note: The original recipe calls for 4 cups of water, but as I was adding it to the blender, 3 cups seemed to be the right consistency for me. I also added a little extra agave to make it sweeter.

Original recipe from: Elana's Pantry

No comments:

Post a Comment