Chorizo and Rice Stirfry (Serves 2)
1 link of Trader Joe's Vegan Chorizo (only $1.99 for a package of 2!)
1 package of boil in the bag brown rice
2 peppers, chopped*
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 or 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1/4 tsp tumeric
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the rice according to the directions on the box (most boil in the bag rice, you would cook for 10 minutes)
2. Put Olive oil in a pan, over medium heat, and then add in peppers and onions. Saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add 1 link of vegan chorizo (be sure to remove it from the sleeve - it will be crumbly) and cook for about another 5 minutes and stir.
4. Add the tumeric, salt and pepper and stir a bit more to mix everything together.
5. Open bag of rice and place in a dish then scoop out the pepper, onion, chorizo mixture and put it on top.
6. Mix everything together and serve.
If you have a big enough pan, you could add the rice directly to the pepper and onion mixture and get the same results.
For a bit more color, use different colored peppers instead of just using green bell peppers.
I didn't get a chance to take a picture, but it's delicious. It's quite spicy though, so if you don't like spicy, this isn't for you.