Wednesday, January 6, 2010
White Bean Alfredo Veggie Shirataki
White Bean Alfredo Sauce (2-4 servings)
1/4 cup margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups soy milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
Jane's Krazy Mix up Salt (optional)
Jane's Krazy Mix up Pepper (optional)
1. In a sauté pan over low heat, melt the margarine. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Transfer the margarine mixture to a blender or food processor, add the white beans and 1 cup of soy milk. Blend until completely smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add the remaining soy milk until you reach the desired consistency.
3. Pour the sauce back into the pan over low heat, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh herbs, such as parsley, if desired. Cook until the sauce is warm.
(Adapted from VegCooking Blog)
1 1/2 cups Steamed Veggies (more or less may be used)
1 bag of Tofu Shirataki*
1. Steam Vegetables until desired softness is reached
1. Open bag and Tofu Shirataki pasta.
2. Boil water and add the full bag of Tofu Shirataki.
3. Parboil pasta for a few minutes then re-drain pasta.
Place pasta on a plate, cover with veggies and sauce.
Pasta & Veggies, 1-2
*Note: You can use regular pasta for this recipe as well, but the Tofu Shirataki is only 20 calories per serving (or only 40 calories per bag!)