Tuesday, January 5, 2010
1 block of Firm Tofu (Drain and press as much excess water out of it)
2 cups mixed peppers and onions (frozen)
1 cup Spinach (frozen)
1 tbsp Oil (Olive or vegetable oil)
3 cloves of garlic (minced) (You can also use the minced garlic that comes in a jar - 1/2 tsp usually equals 1 clove))
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Chicken Style Seasoning (like chicken bullion but loose powder - Check for vegetarian/vegan kinds)
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1. Defrost peppers & onions and spinach in microwave separately.
2. Heat oil in pan and then add peppers & onions, garlic. Let them saute for a couple minutes.
While the veggies are sauteing, mash the tofu - in a bowl - with either a fork or you can use your hands until it looks like scrambled eggs.
3. Make a hole in the center of the vegetables (pushing them to the sides of the pan) and add the tofu.
4. Then add seasonings: Turmeric, chicken seasoning & ginger and mix everything together. The tofu should turn a yellowish color.
5. After it's all well mixed, add the spinach and cook another minute more.
Either serve on a plate or make it into a sandwich (pita, bread, wrap..etc)